Re: imms and spell levels

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 11/12/97

On Tue, 11 Nov 1997, Justin wrote:

> Hello folks,
> Something I never quite liked about the magic system in Circle is that at
> some level or another you gain ALL the spells and skills in the game.  I
> just don't like the idea of a fighter knowing call lightning, at any
> level; it throws off the feeling of a fighting character, specially since
> I'm a person who leans toward rp muds.

As your subject stated... This only happens to immortals. If your mortals
are getting everything, then you have something defined wrong in your
code!

As far as not wanting warrior immortals to have spells, I don't see a
problem with that. They are an immortal and should have access to
everything. If you want a warrior to __play__ in the game, then I would
suggest creating a new character and having fun and role-playing with
that character.

I've always found it boring walking around my MUD and having all the aggr
mobs attack me, but not able to hurt me. :)

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>

May the source be with you.