Re: Oasis problem?

From: Cris Jacobin (jacobin@BELLATLANTIC.NET)
Date: 11/17/97

>On Mon, 17 Nov 1997, Cris Jacobin wrote:
>
>>        At random places in the mud an exit to room #0 is being created
>>somehow, without human intervention.  Heh, was trying to figure out where
>
>That will happen if you forget to fill in a value 'show errors' will locate
>those rooms with exits to 0.
>
>>        Also, when I go to remove the new exit by changing the target room
>>to a value of -1, redit doesn't quite like this.  It promptly fills a 26990
>>into the field for me.
>
>-1 is invalid for OasisOLC. Although technically it should be allowed for
>exit descriptions without going anywhere, I didn't change that during the
>bugfix.

        Yeah, this seems to be what's happening.  Anytime Oasis comes across
a room with an extra decription attached to a -1 direction, it prompty
converts it to a0.  Ouch!  This wouldn't be a problem, if it were not for
this technique being used all over the mud.  I show 3 dozen rooms in error.

        It appears to be ok when I save it to memory, but soon as I used
the redit-save command to dump it to disk, then it's fuxed.

        - East  - [    0] The Void
        - i15 500H 100M 82V > l east
        - You see the action in New Sparta's defensive zone.

-jac 'emote needs a bugfix, badly'
ButterMud - telnet://betterbox.net - Where Chaos is Encroaching!
                                     Save Logopilis! (sp?)