Re: [NEWBIE] A Mob Idea

From: Doppleganger Software (doppsoft@TZC.COM)
Date: 11/18/97

>I want to create a mob that will look into other rooms, and if it sees a
>character in that room, will fire a projectile into it.  This code has
>been done, I think something like Archer on the snippets page.  The
>difference is that if the MOB hits, it will grab the character and pull
>him/her into the room with it and begin attacking.

You mean Scorpion from MK in a mob?  Easy to pull off.  Use the archer
code as a base, and when it does damage (if it hits) add the following
lines:

act("You are pulled towards the source of the shot!", FALSE, vict, 0, 0,
TO_CHAR);
act("$n is pulled from the room suddenly!", FALSE, vict, 0, 0, TO_ROOM);
char_from_room(vict);
char_to_room(vict, ch->in_room);

This is providing that vict is the character hit, and ch is the character
shooting.