Re: [CODE][NEWBIE]Couple of questions

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 11/19/97

On Wed, 19 Nov 1997, Mike Carpenter wrote:

> I know I have read something about this in the FAQs but thought I would ask
> you instead of rereading them,
> anyway I have a couple questions.

2 of the 3 are answered (indirectly) in the FAQ.

> 1.  When unrenting my characters end up loading to the Reception...but in
> config.c or whatever file it is, it says the mort start room is 3001.  What
> is the problem and how can i fix this?

You mean that when people rent, they un-rent in the room they rented in?
That is not stock code behavior (just tested it), so if you want to
change things back to the way they were, you need to tell us what you
have changed with the rent/quit code.

> 2.  I want the equipment to stay on character when entering the
> game...currently...when they leave and come back to the game it loads all
> eq to their inventory..where do i fix this?
On the FTP site:

> 3.  And trying to get alias' to save.
Again, on the FTP site:

FTP Site: ftp://ftp.circlemud.org/pub/CircleMUD/
[hint: check the contrib/source/ directory since you are looking
contributed source code.]

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>

May the source be with you.