Re: Idle/Room Rnum's

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 11/19/97

On Wed, 19 Nov 1997, Cris Jacobin wrote:

>         Found that users when going idle, were not being pulled into the
> void.  They were being transported to the river, and promptly drowning ;)

Hehe. I had similar problems. A race that burns in sunlight, and the void
was outdoors. Oops. *blush*

>         2/  Can I safely change the char_to_room(ch, 1) to rnum 0?
>             (Maybe even change the code in limits.c to pull the rnum of
>              the void from the vnum, so it doesn't occur again)

Sure. You can change the char_to_room() call to whatever room you want.
Just make sure that the room exists. :)

>         3/  Where is the real Rnum 3 and what is it's purpose in terms of
>             idling?

Room #3 is... well.... At the #3 spot. It's really not linked into the
game. It's the (stock) room that all characters are sent to when they
lose link. If you have setup a room number 902 for this purpose then
change the call to: char_to_room(ch, 902);

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>

May the source be with you.