Re: RP: founding new towns

From: David Klasinc (bigwhale@CAPYBARA.SK-PTTSC.LJ.EDUS.SI)
Date: 11/20/97

On Thu, 20 Nov 1997, Patrik Janczyk wrote:

> We were thinking of IMPing the ability for players to
>
> Has it been done ?
> How and/or where ?
>
> opinions ? suggestions ? advices ? flames ?

Well, basicly this: BAD IDEA! :)

Anyway, I have clans on our mud and clans can build their own guardposts,
where they collect tolls for the roads or bridges and stuff like that,
however, they can't build everywhere they want, but only in the specific
rooms that are in the clan possesion. To build a guardpost, clan hast to
buy a clan worker and they the worker is taken to the room where clan
want's to build something and then clan leader has to order a guard to
build a guardpost...

Altho a guardpost is just an object I think that the same coul dbe done
with the adding houses in the mud, it would require much more work, but it
would go...

 But again, adding rooms tot he world files w/o human intervention == bad
idea.. :))

David!