Re: [OFFTOPIC:Learning C] (was: adding new levels)

From: David Klasinc (bigwhale@CAPYBARA.SK-PTTSC.LJ.EDUS.SI)
Date: 11/21/97

On Fri, 21 Nov 1997, Rasmus Ronlev wrote:

> than others... And some downright unreadable... I have to say, that I still
> skip the descriptor controling and IO part *blush* This after some years of
> hacking along in and with CircleMUD code :)

I'll comment only this thing.. :) I agree with most of the stuff you
said.. :)

Yeah, it's the same here... descriptors and stuff is imo pure system
stuff... And if you don't know a lot about the system itself and if you're
not a system coder, developing driviers for linux and stuff I think it's
ok to skip it.. There are tons of things that won't help you learning your
way thru C coding and they will just confuse you... Descriptors in this
case and the IO port of the mud, to understand it, you have to understand
how all these things work, sockets, ports, tpcp/ip basics... To run a good
mud, you don't have to know how this things work... :)

David!