Re: Snippet Site

From: Alex (fletcher@DEMOCRACY.QUEENSU.CA)
Date: 11/21/97

> > That reminds me.  I have been thinking a lot about the page, and how it
> > works.  I like the idea right now of showing the dates and such, but how
> > about this: COOKIES!  What would the cookie show?  The last time you were
> > at the page.  Then, there is a call the JavaScript function just before
> > each item that puts the date of the items.  That way, when a new items
> I, for one, would LOVE something like that!! That would make finding the
> new stuff that much easier.

It's a nice idea, but I personally disagree with Cookies because of just
how proprietary they are.  Most browsers out there don't support them
(something I don't blame them for *grin*).  JavaScript is also pretty
hideous, if only because it is badly designed, badly implemented, and in
general, horribly written.  Also, when I do update the page, I announce
specifically which new snippets I've put on the page, so finding them
isn't that hard (in fact, you can prolly go through the CircleMUD List
archives to get a ChangeLog for the page if you felt like it).

F.
--
Erm... Yeah.  Whatever.