Re: [Bug] Item Dup (old bug)

From: David Klasinc (bigwhale@CAPYBARA.SK-PTTSC.LJ.EDUS.SI)
Date: 11/22/97

On Fri, 21 Nov 1997, Chris Jacobson wrote:

> Ok, now I have people abusing the item dup trick with partial
> logins/linkdropping.  Damn'd MUD cheats page.
>
> Does anyone know a fix for this?  Someone posted one here a while back
> but it was FAR from stock and totally confusing... in fact looked exactly
> like code already in place (elsewhere in the login sequence code).

Hm, you mean, somebody saves his char, drops the item on the floor, cuts
the link, reconnects and has item in the inventory and on the floor? Or
something like this? :)

Well the fix is pretty simple... Just make it so, that character is saved
at the end of these commands: give/buy/sell/drop/get

Just one save_char(ch, NOWHERE);

I think this should help radically :)

David!