[RP] classless

From: Taybin Rutkin (trutkin@BLACK.CLARKU.EDU)
Date: 11/24/97

        I've been thinking of doing an implementation of a classless rpg.
Instead of choosing a class at the start the classes would be skill based.
Instead of gaining levels one would get points to spend on lessons of
different costs.  Anyone could learn to cast a 'light' spell but to learn
the good stuff the player would have to specialize.  And at the higher
levels different skills would clash.  So a high level cleric would have to
'forget' theiving skills and so on.  I'm not looking for coding ideas, just
some comments on this type of system.
                        Thanks,
                                Taybin