Re: Compile errors with Circle 3 bpl 12,Slackware Linux 2.0.30

From: Russell L. Griffith (Russ@HAI.HAITEK.COM)
Date: 11/26/97

George[SMTP:greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG] Wrote:

>> I'm using:
>> Slackware 3.2 (upgraded past what 3.4 is though...)
>> Libc 5.4.33
>> GCC 2.7.2.3
>> Kernel 2.1.42
>
>> And I have no problem, what file does the compiler say it conflicts with or>
>> is it just a parse error?

This is an example of the errors I get from comm.c:

gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall  comm.c
comm.c:65: warning: useless keyword or type name in empty declaration
comm.c:65: warning: empty declaration
comm.c: In function `main':
comm.c:199: parse error before `restrict'
comm.c: In function `unrestrict_game':
comm.c:1567: parse error before `restrict'

I'm sorry I can't give you all the details on Slackware levels, I am new
to Linux and am still feeling my way around.