Re: Patches

From: bruce (joshcrawford@YAHOO.COM)
Date: 12/03/97

Personally, I use 'diff -bBNpruw <old> <new>' but all you really need
is 'diff -u <old> <new>'

The options above mean:
  -B, -b, -w : various ways of ignoring white-space
  -N : treat files that are only in one dir as empty in the other
  -p : show waht C function th change is in
  -r : recurse sub-dirs
  -u : unified diff
  <old> : the stock code
  <new> : your modified code

---Rasdan <rasdan@PEAK.ORG> wrote:

> Hey there,
>
> I have a very nice, customizable, easy-to-use standard multi-class
system
> that I wrote tonight for everyone to use. It's based on an older
version
> I wrote but never posted (always meant to, but never did). Anyway, I
> downloaded a clean copy of bpl12 and modified it.
>
> I wish to create a patch for everyone to use, but I'm not sure how
to do
> so. As my server has no man diff (go figure), I tried just plain:
>
> diff circletest/src circle/src >> multi.diff but it didn't look like
your
> standard patch. Can anyone tell me how to create a patch for others to
> use.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rasdan
>
>                                   /   \
>         _                 )      ((   ))     (
>        (@)               /|\      ))_((     /|\                 _
>        |-|`\            / | \    (/\|/\)   / | \               (@)
>        | | ------------/--|-voV---\`|'/--Vov-|--\--------------|-|
>        |-|                  '^`   (o o)  '^`                   | |
>        | |  James C. Thomas Jr.   `\Y/'  Founder of Finality   |-|
>        |-|                 rasdan@finality.com                 | |
>        | |                  finality.com 4000                  |-|
>        |_|_____________________________________________________| |
>                  l /   V           \ \       V   \ l           (@)
>                                    `\ /'
>                                      `

==
<-- I apologize for any formatting problems as -->
<-- I am stuck using Yahoo! mail at the moment -->
<-- bruce - bruce@audiophile.com               -->
<-- http://www.AudioPhile.com/bruce            -->