Re: [IDEA] Saving full player's log gone absurdly off topic

From: Ryan Gasper or Steven Arnold (dalamar@CYBERCOM.NET)
Date: 12/09/97

On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, Davies, Nathan wrote:

> oh gawd, don't even try to get into a political war when you know
> nothing of politics...or communism

        And don't you try to tell me what I know and what I don't know.
You don't know me, and are purely speculating on the above, which I assure
you, your totally wrong, more then you know.

> ...Communism is actually pretty
> cule..when your not brainwashed by your government to think it's bad
> because it's different :)

        I never said it was bad, I just pointed out that thats how commies
get their info, disregarding privacy.

> On the FBI crap...you have a point...but it's still a mud/game...if you
> don't like it, don't do anything wrong...and you shouldn't really be
> giving out useful personal information on a mud anyways...that's what
> private things like email are for...

        Well, I guess its a matter of what you believe in, and in bringing
those principles to your game. I shaped the MUD I wanted to have world
wise, code wise, and principle wise.  I believe highly in privacy in the
real world, and I bring that to my MUD, because doing anything else would
be hypocritical.
        However, it IS just game, just for me, I'll investigate something
when its reported, usually people have their own logs anyways. And on top
of that, how many times does this really come into play? 99% of the
players are behaved.

         /|"You will never see me cause    \/------------------\/|\
          | I'm always alone" -Ministry      dalamar@cybercom.net|
          |"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to   |
        _\|_time_with_the_blood_of_patriots_and_tyrants"_-ThomasJ|/_