Re: [GCC] multi-character constant warning

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 01/05/98

On Mon, 5 Jan 1998, Chris Jacobson wrote:

>Well, it may be illegal C/C++, but it works :-)

I can drive 105 mph, it works, doesn't mean it's not illegal.

>The method you suggest, which I admit is the older tried and true method,
>is slower and innefficient, and also makes for uglier code :-)

Driving 65 mph is also slower an inefficient.

>This may sound like blasphemy/heresy, but if it works, why knock it?  If
>it ever breaks or fails I'll change it, but until then, might as well
>keep it.

Because unless you're on the Montanabaun, you're going to get caught.  Or
in this case, as soon as you port to a non-gcc compiler, you're out of
luck.  While you may not be porting away from gcc, Windows 95 isn't gcc,
nor are the compilers that come with many other OS's.

>So I ask again, anyone know how to turn off the warning?

make 2>&1 | fgrep -v "multi-character constant"
(less or more)