Re: [Idea] Elemental / Element-Based

From: Jory Graham (Treimor@STRATOS.NET)
Date: 01/17/98

seeing that reminded me of an idea i had awhile back.  Has anyone used
the idea of level-based spells? (dont ask me how this is related to the
header) What i mean by that is the spell firebolt you learn at level one
grows in power as you gain levels, such that at level 10 is is a
fireball, level 20 it is Inferno, and level 30 Holocaust or something?
The wiser you get, the more powerful your spells become.  Granted, it
takes away from the practices deal of mudding because you get your base
spells at level one and they just grow from there, but you could do this
with an element-based system.  It doesnt have to be with
offensive-spells either, as almost any spell could benefit from this.
Anyway, if you have ideas on how to go about doing this let me know, i
want to implement it somehow.
Also, is there a way to enchant a weapon on a temporary basis?  Such as
giving the weapon the ability to cast lightning-bolt for x amount of
ticks, dependant on the spell/caster/level?  Or if a thief wanted to
poison his dagger, having it do extra damage?

Jory