data structures

From: Antioch (jeremy@YAKKO.CS.WMICH.EDU)
Date: 01/20/98

Ok, so i've come across this thing that i can't identify in any of my C
books and my head's starting to hurt from banging it on the wall:

char **list_of_something;

Looking through the code, it seems to store arrays of strings. However,
I'm trying to figure out why they used something like this instead of
creating a structure or just a regular character array.

Can anyone identify this little deal and explain its usefullness?  I would
appreciate it very very very very very very very much.

Thanks!

Jeremy

<> Jeremy J. Jubenville                  Email: jeremy@yakko.cs.wmich.edu

 - After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressable
   is music...