Re: Exp & Thac0 tables after adding levels

From: Mark A. Heilpern (heilpern@MINDSPRING.COM)
Date: 01/22/98

At 02:59 PM 1/22/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Along those same lines, is anyone else as frustrated with the general
>level of 'throwbackiness' inherit in muds? Why are there player 'levels'?
>Why are rooms separated by 'zone', and not loaded statically into a grid
>array? Why in god's name do we still have 90% of all muds using those same
>tired six stats for characters?

Why player levels? Need to rank a player's ability somehow, so that
their success of performing some task can be computed. If you prefer
another method, by all means, code it. Maybe it'll be adopted.

Why rooms seperated by zones instead of loaded into a grid? If they
were part of a grid then they would all be the same size.

Str/Int/Wis/Dex/Con/Cha are the basics of stats, but that doesnt mean
more wouldn't be useful for something. Again, it's only waiting for you
to write the code.