Re: [NEWBIE] 128 bitvectors

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 01/27/98

On Tue, 27 Jan 1998, Patrick Sullivan wrote:

> Being new to the circle mud code, and though I am sure this has been
> discussed many times on the list, could someone please explain to me the
> benefits of using the 128 bitvectors? i.e. why would I bother changing it?

First off... If you are sure that this has been talked about before,
check the archives. If you are not sure where they are, then you have not
read the FAQ.

To answer your question:

Stock code allows for up to 32 AFF_, PLR_, MOB_, PRF_, etc... flags and
no more. If you are creative enough you will use them up in no time at
all. (I think I used up all my AFF_ and MOB_ flags withing a week of
coding.)

Yes, it's a pain in the rear, and yes there are several different ways of
doing it, but it's well worth once you are done.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>  --  http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/

--Arthur C. Clarke