Re: [CODE] Upcoming Patch

From: Edward Glamkowski (EGlamkowski@MATHEMATICA-MPR.COM)
Date: 02/05/98

>For example, an "EDGED" flag will make the weapon unusable by clerics,
>because a cleric is supposed to use only bludgeoning weapons.  A race
>expansion patch will make "IRON" weapons unusable by the elven class.  All
>the code will be well marked and modifyable.
>
>Anybody have suggestions for types?

EDGED and IRON are a good start.
[UN]HOLY and BLESSED might be worth something (especially if you
have undead in your world ;)
There are probably a whole lot worth creating, but not a lot that
can be thought of off the top of one's head.  Just add a few now,
and the rest as your builders need them.

How about other material descriptions, like PAPER or MITHRIL?
I have actually made a unique bitvector for materials for objects.
It mostly affected weapons and armor (class restrictions (theives
can't wear metal armor, for example), rust monsters, etc. :)

>BTW, I'm having a major brain slowdown so did anyone remember what the
>ITEM_BLESS flag does.  (The fact I'm asking this question tempts me to put
>NEWBIE in the subject. :))

If I remember correctly, bless on objects doesn't do anything at the
moment.  :P