[IDEA]

From: Mike Carpenter (abram@DELTANET.COM)
Date: 02/17/98

Maybe this has been done before, or talked about here, if so just send any
response to me at abram@deltanet.com.  However, if not I would be
interested in hearing ideas over the list on how this could be
accomplished.  Basically my idea is based off the movie KRULL.  There would
be a zone that would disappear from one location and
reappear in another.  In mudding terms A zone would be connected to the
world in one location then at a certain time disconnect and reconnect to
another room number somewhere else in the world.

I have a very basic idea on how this would work in terms of code(very very
basic)

# define ENTRANCE_TO_KRULL  7000 /* first room to krull idea type zone */

void do_krull
{

   if(time_info.hours == 23) {
       /* take the entrance room ENTRANCE_TO_KRULL  */
       /* adjust its NORTH exit */
       /* something like world[real_num].dir_option[NORTH] = RANDOM ROOM?
*/
       /* adjust the SOUTH exit of the room it was attached to. */
      /*  making sure exits wouldnt lead to voids */
      /* I was thinking maybe have a list of rooms to choose from...that
way  you could */
      /* select the rooms that it attaches to. */
      /* anyway i realized this is probably wrong, im missing something,
but I really */
      /* wasnt sure where to look. */
     /* and i think it would be a cool idea */

}

Abram