[IDEA] [floating zone]

From: Tyler (Sorren1@GEOCITIES.COM)
Date: 02/17/98

> Mike Carpenter <abram@DELTANET.COM>
>There would be a zone that would disappear from one location and
>reappear in another.

I did this in a previous mud and I did it this way which I thought
was pretty random, first create the 'floating zone' make sure there are
not any entrances to the zone from anywhere.  Then i modified puffs
special procedure, and added the portal code to my mud.  So, puff would
go immortal invis. goto a random room in the world invisible, cast
portal in that room, to a room in my floating zone, then teleport invis
back to room 1, and make himself visible.  so, for a bit the portal
would remain open for people to enter this 'floating zone'

Sorren