Re: [IDEA] [CHANGING ZONES]

From: Patrick Sullivan (psullivan@STLNET.COM)
Date: 02/17/98

>Personally, I would permit a certain amount of "scripting" inside the
>room description.
>
>  @={dark:It is dark.}{light:It is light.};
>  ~

This could turn out really interesting. You could have descriptions for
certain events...say you have a fair comming up in your world in the main
city. Just whip out redit and change the description to add in something
like @={fair:The fair...etc}; You could also change the olc code to be able
to quickly insert these tags instead of having to type them in every time
(ok, so it's minimal typing to do @={};, but i'm lazy). Say you have alot
of rumors of war on the eastern border. Just change the desciption so that
after a certain amount of days or a certain number of movements into the
enemy country that the description changes to say that the PC can see
tracks faintly in the brush. Things like this could add alot of realism to
a mud. With some more flags and ideas rolling, it could be extremly realistic.

        /  Patrick Sullivan      | "The important thing is
*//////{<>==================-    |  to not stop questioning."
-JAPH-  \  psullivan@stlnet.com  | --Albert Einstein

"Always do what you are afraid to do."--Ralph Waldo Emerson