User-defined colors

From: Allan Rolf Gortemaker (umgortem@CC.UMANITOBA.CA)
Date: 02/24/98

Yes, I'm big on this user-defined stuff.  Anyhow, it's something that I'm
currently working on when I get the time to do it.  Let me start off by
emphasizing that this is not inline color and that I'm am sure that it is
not in the contrib directory.  Anyhow, what it does is gets rid of the standard
Circlemud color levels (off, normal, sparse and complete I believe) and replaces
it with a bit that is either on or off.  An array is made (yes, in the pfile so
you would need to wipe that too) that stores the characters custom colors.
The user can decide what color he wants for any of many fields such as
room name, room description, objects, players, immortals as well as the
color he wants his says to come out in, tells, gossips etc.
I currently have defines in utils.h such as:

#define C_SAY(ch) (PRF_FLAGGED(ch, PRF_USES_COLOR) ? \
                  getcolor(ch->colors[COL_SAY]) : COL_NULL)

or something like that...I'm not sure seeing as I'm putting this out from the
top of my head.  This checks to see if the player wants color so that those
terminals that can't handle ansi won't flip.  PRF_USES_COLOR replaced
PRF_COLOR_1 and PRF_COLOR_2.  And getcolor is a function that I'm writing
that accepts an integer value (here COL_SAY (defined in structs.h)) and returns
the correct color code.

Then every instance of CCxxx(ch, C_xxx) can be replaced with one of these
C_field so that each user can define their own colors.

Just want to know what you guys think about it..

Ali Baba