Re: [NEWBIE]

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 03/05/98

On Thu, 5 Mar 1998, Travis M. Fuller wrote:

> Is there a way to group mobs together? I played with the group command
> in olc but it doesnt seem to work. Maybe Im not doing it right??
> Basically Id like to have groups of guards for example patrolling the
> city.

Sounds like to need a special procedure to do that. Just adding the GROUP
flag to a mob won't stick them in a group. All of the other mobiles will
have to follow the leader of the group and the leader of the group will
have to group the followers. It all works just like how it does for players.

I would consider altering zedit.c and db.c to where you can do something
like:

0 - Load the captain of the guard [1004]
1 -   then Load a guard in training [1005]
2 -     then Make him follow the captain of the guard [1004]

No, I have not coded this. It's just an idea that popped into my head.
Feel free to use it.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>  --  http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/

--Arthur C. Clarke