OLC Hot Walk

From: Jon Barrett (mixtli@SINFO.NET)
Date: 03/05/98

  I saw the discussion about different types of OLC and noticed the "Hot
Walk" idea.  After getting complaints from builders that OLC needs a copy
room or something to copy the repetetive stuff like inside flags, etc, I
decide to give it a shot.  I have completed a "Hot/Cold walk" function for
Oasis OLC v1.6.
  This will allow a builder to redit a room and walk to connected rooms
without exiting olc or making any changes to the room, ie "cold walk".  The
builder can at anytime hit + to copy the current room to the olc_template
room(which I added to the olc struct so it did corrupt the player file).
When you hot walk in any direction, a new room is created and the template
is copied to it and exits are added to link the rooms in the direction you
walked. The player can then make any changes to the room and then continue
his/her hot walk.
  Thats basically what it does.  I did not include the extra
description/contains in the tamplate, for I figured those should be unique.
 I mean who would want a sign in every room, etc.  I would be glad to hear
any other ides for this. Like a backtrack would be nice, or simply a
'delete room' function in Oasis.
  If anyone would like to check out the code then I can post it, or heck
just e-mail me and i'll try to get you a snippet.  I dont have stock code
and usw Win95 so I cant make patches, but I can try to make a code snippet.

There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can caount, and
those who can't.