Re: More on Passwords

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 03/05/98

[NOTE: I attempted to send this, but my mailer messed up. If this is a
duplicate I apologize. ]

On Fri, 6 Mar 1998, Pure Krome wrote:

> I had a funny thing ...
>
> for my password, i typed in xxxxx1200 where the 'x' are some characters.
>
> it passed that ok.
> if i type it withOUT the last zero, xxxxx120 it ALSO passes it!

Check in structs.h for MAX_PWD_LENGTH, I'll bet that you'll find the
following:

#define MAX_PWD_LENGTH  8

I have mine at 10, and it's that way in stock. I'd start checking there to
see if you changed it for some reason.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>  --  http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/

--Arthur C. Clarke