Re: Finding the Nearest Person

From: The Merciless lord of Everything (serces@MUD.DK)
Date: 03/06/98

> happen at wide, random intervals. I also added an INVASION flag, so that
> invasion_activity doesn't cause all the MOBs on my mud to go completely
> haywire. Of course, we could have a global mob frenzy...perhaps alignment
> based as was suggested before...hmmm...poor players. :)
Actually, I did something like this. Tribe of Orc (How ordinary)
live to the north. At the command of the god in charge of Questing
(This case me) they would all start to wander around, Forming larger
or smaller groups as they walk. based on Ranks of the orcs. 4 Ranks
from Footman to Captain, first they start wandering around the realm,
but Footmen wont attack without the Leadership of at least a
Seargeant (?) which is one rank above Footman. 2 Sarge's will not
attack together without the leadership of a Lieutenant. 1 Sarge can
max command 8 Footmen. 1 Liutenant can max Command 4 Sarges (With
each commanding 8 Footmen at max!), and a captain (We only have 2
orcish captains) may max Command 2 Lieutenants.

The command given is "Raid <tribe> <race>" so that I can command more
than one tribe, e.g. The Humans (Being tribe 1) could attack Orcs as
well, if they have the Ranking order, they use it. Otherwise not.
This is defined in the code, Race Human = No_Rank. And so on, it
gives some cute effects.

S. P. Skou