Strange Anomaly?

From: Wesley Fonvergne (tadrith@GATEKEEP.NET)
Date: 03/07/98

        I hate to bother about this again, because I *thought* I had fixed the
loop problem, but it seems I've come up with something even stranger...

I've switch the code to what every recommended, and everything works
fine...sort of.

This is the loop:
      for (i = 0; i < invasion_size; i++) {
         mob = read_mobile(mob_vnum, VIRTUAL);
         char_to_room(mob, room_vnum);
       }

mob_vnum is defined as such:
     mob_vnum = real_mobile(1250);

room_vnum is this way:
    room_vnum = real_room(2010);

However, when the code executes, I get THIS on the MUD console:
Sun Mar  8 00:26:43 :: SYSERR: Illegal value(s) passed to char_to_room

When I change the read_mob to REAL instead of VIRTUAL, it passes, but when
I look at the room, I am FLOODED by mobs...an extra 300 or so of them. But
virtual doesn't pass? Perhaps I should take a break. <g>
                [ Tadrith Skandrakae, Implementor of Dreamscape ]
                [     - telnet://mud.dreamscape.org:1234/ -     ]
                ["I lay my dreams before your feet;             ]
                [    tread softly, for you tread on my dreams.  ]