Re: BAZAAR

From: Edward Glamkowski (EGlamkowski@MATHEMATICA-MPR.COM)
Date: 03/12/98

Ah, now THIS makes a lot of sense.
Makes it *REALLY* tough to get the highest scores in skills.
I still wouldn't apply it to spells though.

Here's an idea for spells:  break up the spell list into levels, like
the AD&D spells (so, mage spells are level 1-9, cleric 1-7, but you
are, of course, free to pick whatever scheme you want :)
When you learn a spell, you always cast it at 100% skill level, BUT,
in order to learn it, you must spend a number of practice sessions
equal to the level of the spell.
So, to learn a first level spell (say, magic missile or detect magic),
you only spend one practice, but to learn a fifth level spell (teleport)
means you have to use five practices on it.

This can be modified in all sorts of ways, but I rather like the basic
idea.

Edward Glamkowski, Programmer           Mathematica Policy Research
EGlamkowski@mathematic-MPR.COM          Princeton, NJ
                http://www.mathematica-mpr.com/

"Dort, wo der Staat aufhort, da beginnt erst der Mensch,
        der nicht uberflussig ist..." -Neitzsche