Re: Roomflags

From: Patrick J. Dughi (dughi@IMAXX.NET)
Date: 03/17/98

> In which file are room flags defined? and how would I go about making a
> room flag for an arena(no exp/eq loss when killed)

        Since you seem inexperienced with writing code or searching for
relevant data - no offense - you might want to go to the circle mud ftp
site and download one of the (3?)  types of arena code there.  Those are
mostly complete implementations of what you're looking for.

        Otherwise, the files are
 -structs.h for the flag itself
 -constants.c for the name of the flag as you'd see it in the mud
 -olc.h if you're using oasis olc you'll want to increment the number of
        room flags.

        And the code that you'll want to look at to add it yourself would
be the "die()" function, and probably you'll want to selectively disable
some of the PK flags (turn off player killing protection in arena rooms).

        If you can't do it from this information, I recommend that you
download the afforementioned patch(s), and read through it to learn how to
do it.

                                                PjD