Re: [CODE] Input on Dynamic God Commands (gcmd)

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 03/23/98

On Sun, 22 Mar 1998, Tony Robbins wrote:

>I have finished making god commands able to be set on or off for
>all levels based upon a flag.  I have put the code in my MUD, and
>have received one (1) request for the code.  I figure I might as
>well contribute it to the ftp site (and George's).  The thing is
>that I want it to be as easy for you to put into your MUD as
>possible.

My solution to disabling commands was to negate the level of the command
and then check in command_interpreter() to make sure the min level was
positive, otherwise it was considered disabled. I had to special case level
0 commands by making it -(LVL_IMPL+1) though.  The command table also has
to have 'const' removed but that was no large problem. This doesn't
facilitate keeping the changes over the reboot but I suppose you could
extend it to change command levels on the fly.

Although I don't know how you did it, there's some ideas.