Re: Oasis OLC Blues

From: Paul Siegel (pmsie@CONNCOLL.EDU)
Date: 03/23/98

Ryan -

I tried your odd sounding fix, and got an even odder result.  You reccomended:

I had the same problem... in MEDIT.c there are two 'free'(only ones) statements.
Remm those out leavin the IF/ENDIF(or whatever) alone :)   This is what I did -
sory If I couldn't be more specific - but if you know what yer doing, you'll
understand(not the reason, what to do)

                        - Ryan Brown

I found well over 15 free statements, but only two in between if/endif statements, being:

        #if !defined(I_CRASH)
        /*      free(mob_index);   */
        /*      free(mob_proto);   */
        #endif

As you can see, I commented out the two free statements.  Well, this worked in that I could make new mobs with complete success.  However, after doing this the shop in the zone I was working in no longer worked.  (Ie, it wouldn't respond to list, buy, sell, etc.)  I can't even imagine how these things are related.  Any ideas?

Paul