Re: [CODE] Corpse Retrieval

From: Matt McLaughlin (mattm@SATYRS.ENGR.CSUFRESNO.EDU)
Date: 03/25/98

  Here dude.. what you do is where the code is that tells you to extract
char..  drop all belongings in the room..  make a few field on the struct
that handles the corpse..  i believe its going to be in the player data
or somethin..  that way the corpse has an id pertaining to the char.
  I think you might have gone about this already.. but didnt know that it
needs to be a flag or address of some sort.

  The next thing you need to do is write a condition in the ACMD(do_get) I
believe (havent messed with circle in awhile)  which handles the condition
if (characters id != corpse id)  // pseudo code
  continue;
else
  get_the_corpse.and_its_contents;

  Or you can go about it another way.. much like i have seen on other muds.

  Make the person be able to get the corpse.. of somebody else.. but
log it to some file in your  /mud/log    so now you know who stole the contents
of somebodys corpse...

  Either that or just put a string saying 'You cant steal the contents of
somebody elses corpse, you bloody thief!'

  I duno if that answered your question entirely..  hope it helps somewhat..
Drop me a line sometime dude!

-DarkLord