Re: Dice Rolls

From: Ron Cole (rcole@EZY.NET)
Date: 03/27/98

>While I was making a function to tell you how many die with how many
>sides are needed to get an average of X and a range of x, I began to
>wonder about the die system in general.  Why does circle use the die
>system at all?  Wouldn't it be easier to just pick a random number
>between x and X?

The die rolls give you a bell curve, the smaller the dice, the more likely you
are to do average damage.  2D100, gives you an average of 101, with a pretty
even distribution.  68D2 gives you an average of 102, but the overwhelming
majority of results are near the average.  The minimum and max damages are
affected too.  It all depends on the results you are looking for.

Ron