Re: NEWBIE: Unknown crashes

From: James Browning (jbrownin@LCSC.EDU)
Date: 04/13/98

On Mon, 13 Apr 1998, Spencer Miles wrote:

> I tried what you said, and compiled circlemud using the developer
> studio, and when it crashes, i go to debug.
> However the code it shows me is all dissasembly, the line it takes me to
> is
> 00443C4B   movsx       eax,byte ptr [edx]
> What am I supposed to do with this?

You have the wrong information unless you can translate (i80x86 I assume)
assembly to C in your head...  What you need is the C commands that the
assemblu\y instrustion is part of which would tell you where you problem
lies in the C source.  If you want to fix it in an assembly source go
ahead but any changes you make will not be presevered between compiles.

Intelligence strikes back... Ouch that hurt.