Re: New OLC.

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 04/14/98

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, claywar wrote:

> > The idea:
> >         Type the room/world/mob/object/zones in exactly as they appear in
> > the files on disk, with online parsing to let you know if something is
> > wrong.
> >

> That all depends on how "pretty" the world file format is. =) I admit on
> Morgaelin that this wouldn't be a very pleasurable experience due to all
> of the additions made which probably could have been done a lot neater.
> Now for a tagged format it wouldn't be as bad.

I think that I would have to agree with this. Tagged datafiles would be
much easier because they are "human readable", whereas datafiles like
what I use are not human readable because they are nothing more than a
string of numbers sperated by spaces. These numbers mean nothing to
someone reading the files, but means tons to the program that is reading
them in and parsing the data.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>  --  http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/

  -- Arthur C. Clarke