Re: Mortals

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 04/18/98

On Sat, 18 Apr 1998, Patrick Merina wrote:

> Okay I want to make it so that when a new character is made, it will
> automatically
> equip them with certain objects. I thot maybe i would put a new function
> that was like
> load_objs_to_char  ?

I made a function called starting_eq() that gives them their starting
stuff. Made an 2D arrat. 1D is the classes, and the other dimension is a
list of obj vnums that that particular class gets when they start up.
The last 'vnum' is -1. I just loop through the array until it hits -1 and
stops. While it's looping, it loads up the object of that vnum (if it
exists) and gives it to the character.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>  --  http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/

  -- Arthur C. Clarke