Re: Simple warning :)

From: Matt Vail (ruins@GIBLETS.COM)
Date: 04/18/98

On Sat, 18 Apr 1998, Daniel Koepke wrote:

> Actually, "Quinn" is the user name of Sebastian Hammer, one of the
> original coders of DIKU.  This person, obviously, isn't Quinn; and,
> actually, it's probably the same person that was pretending to be Hans
> Henrik Staerfeldt not long back.  Hm, I wonder if George, Alex, Sammy,
> Erwin, or I have impersonators?  Not that I think I need, deserve, or
> want a clone...:)~

Well, this trouble maker named Quinn has also logged on my mud as well.  A
co-implementor helped him get his mud at mud.comsys.net 4000 started.  He
decrypted the password that the co-imp used on his mud and logged on our
mud in the co-imp's character, advanced himself, then caused major
trouble.  After we banned him, he came back using a different site and
threatened to hack our server as well as our mud.  He is a huge nuisance
in the mudding world.  I am going to send mail to the admin at
mud.comsys.net explaining in detail the trouble he has caused and the
threats he's made towards me.  I would ask that anyone who has had a
similiar runin with him also send mail to the admin so it is obvious that
this is a reoccuring event.

-Fate
ruins.giblets.com 8000