Re: [CODE] Adam Beytin's Ripcount Code

From: Mark A. Heilpern (heilpern@MINDSPRING.COM)
Date: 04/20/98

At 05:44 PM 4/17/97 -0700, you wrote:
[snip]
>While I was on the list, I sent out a patch, called "ripcount," that
>allowed you to keep track of how many mobs and chars died.
[snip]

On this same subject... I like this addition; if helps to set balance
in my mobs to a certain extent. However, there is a subtle problem
with how the snippet does its recordkeeping. The problem is that
saved stats at kept in rnum order, blindly, so if for any reason you
delete mobs from the shell, the ripcount file will not have enough
data in it and your mud will not crash until you delete it.

I solved this by saving mob vnum with the stats and reading until the
file is empty.