Re: Circlemud design issues

From: Chris Powell (darkness@CHESHIRE.GATOR.NET)
Date: 04/21/98

> Surely you're not denying that memory is cheap and drive space is
> cheap compared to 6 months ago?  A year ago?  Progress moves.  We
> should keep up with the mean.
I have dont think that is his point.  Some of us who code are in certain
financial situations where buy/upgrading hardware isnt an option.
Specially college students.  I currently use a 486DX4-100 w/32meg RAM, a
400meg hd and a 200 meg hd(since my 1.2 gig crashed).  Stock circle takes
me about 5 mins to compile.  I have moved everything into one .h file
before and it took about 8 minutes to compile it all.  I think he's trying
to point out that for those of us with small budgets, it is a more viable
solution.

Chris Powell           * I don't have bugs, I have   * I don't crash, I
http://patch.gator.net * randomly developed features * have random reboots