File read write code

From: Del (Panther) (caminturn@EARTHLINK.NET)
Date: 04/29/98

Does anyone have/know of a snippet or code that more clearly accesses a
file.
I posted a Make command code a few days back, and I am trying to put the
information into a database. After comparing the code for accessing the
HELP files and others in db.c (and reading a book), I don't quite
understand how Circle is cross-referencing stuff. (I have also looked at
the cross-reference page). And I am still confused.
Can anyone help me get started in setting up a file, and accessing the
data from that file. (and in the future, edit/write to that file via
olc)

Thanks.