[HELP] Problem with custom weapons

From: Rob Baumstark (shirak@CONNECT.AB.CA)
Date: 04/30/98

On a similar note to the custom weapons things descussed here, we decided to
have a custom hit message for weapons if the builder wants it.  I put the
message in the action description for the weapon (not used anyways) in the
form "single plural", eg. "bash bashes", just like the normal hit messages
work.  I have all the code written, and it compiles fine both on my WinNT
machine at home, and the linux server (using the appropriate conf.h).
However, on my WinNT machine the code works perfectly, but on the linux
machine, I get a segmentation fault when it is parsing/displaying the
message.  Any ideas on why it runs so differently on the 2 machines?  The
code is shown below.

--- Snip code ---
  w_type -= TYPE_HIT;  /* Change to base of table with text */

  if(w_type+TYPE_HIT == TYPE_CUSTOM) {
    two_arguments(GET_EQ(ch, WEAR_WIELD)->action_description,
attack_hit_text[w_type].singular, attack_hit_text[w_type].plural);
  }
--- end code snip ---

The attack_hit_text[custom type] is initalized with about 50 chars in it
(for singular and plural)

Thanx for any help.

G:  "If we do happen to step on a mine, Sir, what do we do?"
EB: "Normal procedure, Lieutenant, is to jump 200 feet in
     the air and scatter oneself over a wide area."
-- Somewhere in No Man's Land, BA4