[CODE] Water Currents/Proficiency System/And a polite shutup

From: Chuck Reed (creed@I-55.COM)
Date: 05/01/98

To those arguing over quinn and extra exits to rooms . . . please . . .
drop it.

ObCircle (the good part)

I have done a special procedure that makes a room act like there is a
strong water current (it randomly takes players into ajoining rooms based
on the percentage for that room, and the direction the water is flowing).
I have it set, and will be posting it to the snippets page sometime today.

Oh yeah, when doing a spec_proc that is supposed to be random, you are
supposed to make the

if(cmd)
   return FALSE;

check right?  Well, when I do that, the proc NEVER fires.  Am I supposed to
make a call to check procs somewhere else for random procs?

Anyhow, I also wanted to know what people thought of the proficiency code I
sent them.
I've been using it for about a month now, and I can't find any bugs.  I've
only put in
three proficiencies, but all work perfectly.  If anyone is using them,
cleaned them up, found bugs, etc, please give me a holler.  That will go to
the snippet site as well if I don't find any bugs soon.

Rock on,
Chuck Reed