Keeping track of player info

From: Chuck Carson (chuck@EDEN.COM)
Date: 05/04/98

I want to add some built in quest adventures that players
can complete to do things such as increase an attribute
one point or give them a specific skill. I need some ideas
on how I could keep track of what quests a player has done,
mainly to prevent them from doing the quest again. (I do
not want a player racking up some strengths points, etc...)

I thought about using the spares in the player file but I
would be limited in how many items I could keep track of.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chuck