Re: Armor Types

From: Usama Hajj (gonzo@KESTREL.SCS.UIUC.EDU)
Date: 05/05/98

>I would love to see a MUD with this style of combat in action.

I believe Armageddon MUD already uses a system in which armour absorbs
damage rather than making the wearer harder to hit.  If you do code
a damage type vs. armour type system, I recommend the Phoenix Command
advanced book dealing with hand-to-hand combat.  A bit more realism than
I'd really recommend and unfortunately out of print for many years, it
does contain practically everything regarding actual armour effectiveness
that you'd need to know.

- Nasri.