Re: ANTI_RACE_FLAGS

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 05/09/98

On Sat, 9 May 1998, Lord Kyu wrote:

->        Quick thought here, was wondering if anyone else had comment or idea on
->it. I am trying to save from having a hundred flags on items and things. I
->was wondering if it would be just as easy to make 2 sets of flags for
->races. One of them being !ELF if elves are the only race you want to
->restrict the equipment from, and the other being elf_only, meaning just
->what it says, elves are the only race who can use that item. Comments,
->questions, concerns on using a system like this?

The only problem I see is that it's inflexible.  The item can only be
entirely unusable by the elf or only usable by the elf.  You can, of
course, add other pairs of flags for other races--but now you're using
two instead of one.  I might suggest just adding an integer array that
defines if each race can use it or not (something like "int
bad_race[NUM_RACES];").  It would be fairly simple, actually.

-dak