Re: Object Conditions

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@IMAXX.NET)
Date: 05/10/98

> My question is, where should he checks for the item's condition be
> placed? Would a function that runs through ever item in the game
> every tick require to much processing? This would be the ideal way,
> this way I could place 'wear and tear' on worn items to reflect time.
> Would such a loop be feasible or does something similiar already
> exist that I can place this code in?
>
        > I thought about placing the check for weapons inside fight.c every
> time the weapon strikes, thus I can update this value and 'break'
> the item if necessary. However, how could I handle things such
> as armor and etc...

        Easy. Check each time after you perform the damage. Make the
assumption that nothing starts out broken, and then check each time you
perform the damage to it....if its too much, message, and extract.
This goes for armor, weapons, etc... what would the problem be?

        How else would you want to check it?

                                                PjD