Re: Circle & SQL (not password limit)

From: Chuck Carson (chuck@EDEN.COM)
Date: 05/10/98

In my opinion, this takes away from the simplicity of
building and editing the worlds. You also have to
think about how the files are read and all the checks
for the right types of data in the right places. This would
get rather ugly in a RDB. Also, for something that is only
used at bootup I believe this would be a grand waste of
time and also make debugging another issue entirely.

I could see how maybe creating an access database to
store a world and somehow hacking out a report that
produces a wld/obj/mob/zon/shp file. This way any data
entered into the form can be checked from the start and
that way you know your output file is correct.

I like to jack with RDB's and have given much thought
about how to use one with a mud myself but could see
no benefit from doing so.

my 2 cents,
Chuck