Re: Circle & SQL??

From: The Merciless lord of Everything (serces@MUD.DK)
Date: 05/11/98

> And as for SQL, CircleMUD doesn't use it because they really weren't around
> (free and mature) 4 years ago.
Okay, that makes sense, but What I'm mostly concerned about is the
speed, Could a P75 with 24 Mb of ram still perform with and SQL-DB as
it does without??

I'm just pondering about all the posibilities there is in an SQL-DB,
all the information needed could be put in there, and if you ever
need to change the playerfile, no sweat, export DB, create the DB
again, and import the file. Just like I do today with the
playerfiles, but much easier, and faster I would say. (No, I don't
use Ascii Pfiles)

S. P. Skou