Circle & SQL??

From: The Merciless Lord of everything (serces@MUD.DK)
Date: 05/10/98

Hi there..

I was wondering and so forth.. blah..

Nah, what I was really thinking was: "Has anyone tried to put Everything
the mud uses, into a SQL-Database?"

I was playing around with PostgreSQL the other day, and found that it
can be used for a lot of funny things, one of the first things I noted
was that it didn't cost anything, the second being that nearly anything
can program into the Database (Currently I have a Perl and a C thingie
running against the DB).

So to make a long story short, have anyone given this any thought, and
what are the Pros/Cons with this?..

Oh yeah, another thing I noted, why is there a MAX_PASSWORD_LENGTH (Or
at least, why is it set to 10??)

S. P. Skou